Wooodward Poland Sp. z o. o.
ul. Skarbowa 32
Woodwardis a multinational company with leading edge technology, headquartered in Fort Collins, CO. We are an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of energy control and optimization solutions for commercial and military aircraft, turbines, reciprocating engines, and electrical power system equipment. Global customers in the aerospace, power and process industries, and transportation markets rely on Woodwardtechnology to make their equipment more efficient and reliable minimizing environmental impact. In our facility in Niepołomice we are designing, manufacturing and testing electronic controllers for aerospace and various industries, converters for wind-energy and mechanical components for aerospace and energy industry.
Join our Sourcing Team as a PLC Sourcing Project Manager.
PLC Sourcing Project Manager
Nr Ref.: 2100636
- Primary Global Sourcing focal point for engineering teams/project management. Has the ability and knowledge of how to get things done within Woodward, is go to person throughout the organization for issue resolution, has experience and full proficiency of PLC, PLC sourcing processes, Global Sourcing requirements, quality system or business specific needs to get the job done and issues resolved,
- Global Sourcing lead on all engineering development projects of medium to high complexity, including platforms and proposals, with some oversite. This person leads and influences others throughout the Woodward organization to ensure successful implementation of supply chain strategy for development projects. Additionally, leads and influences commodity members to complete actions for sub-project level activities to meet engineering project timelines and goals,
- Applies Global Sourcing commodity sourcing strategies to all engineering projects throughout a product life cycle while ensuring alignment with Woodwards business goals and customer requirements. Develop and drive project plans and strategically and proactively uses design to cost, risk mitigation, commercial alignment, technical requirements, early supplier involvement activities and other tools or processes as necessary to address immediate or long-term project requirements,
- Engages and collaborates with the Global Sourcing Commodity teams to communicate engineering needs, gaps, and areas of concern that may require strategy alignment to enable Woodward success. Responsible for source justification and cost verification review and approval with commodity teams,
- Leads engineering teams in understanding the direction of the commodity strategies as related to project or program requirements. Leverages Global Sourcing supply chain strategies to propose and suggest innovative solutions to engineering challenges.
- Effective leadership skills including the building of effective teams, an ability to manage conflict, the effective setting of priorities in the team and an ability to clearly define roles, responsibilities and objectives,
- Responsible for completion of project deliverables which can include but is not limited to Sourcing Strategy Checklist, Early Supplier Involvement and Risk Mitigation plans,
- Responsible to prepare and present project updates, Sourcing Strategy and Commodity Reviews to a broad-based audience including key leaders,
- Initiates and tracks requests for quotes (RFQs) for purchased materials required for projects. Ensures RFQs are in alignment to CTC (Collaboration to cost) cost targets, volume requirements as well as prototype needs. Actively manages gaps to Sourcing Strategy and project milestones. Enters and maintains quote detail in appropriate business system,
- Responsible for tactical activities, independently plans and executes Purchase Orders (POs) in support of customer requirements and in compliance with project requirements, including government regulations when applicable. This includes engagement with supply base, reporting status, tracking purchased items through to stocking and payment. Engages with suppliers as required to expedite critical issues,
- Adheres in accordance to Woodward standard processes, standards of business, other legal principles and company policies,
- Solid knowledge or education in Quality Management Systems, compliance standards,
- Effective interpersonal skills and interfacing with operations management, both internal and external, across domestic and international functions and organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in commodities, economy or engineering,
- 3years of experience in Supply Chain/Purchasing, Engineering, manufacturing preferred,
- 1-3 years of experience in NPI environment preferred,
- Knowledge of purchasing procedures, applications and practices,
- Basic understanding of global commodity sourcing strategies,
- Knowledge and familiarity with technical subject matter, including tolerances, key characteristics and drawings,
- Ability to work with a high level of independence, proactiveness and flexibility. Works with minimum supervision. Self-motivated and maintains a sense of urgency to support challenges deliverables. Highly responsive and comfortable working in a dynamic environment,
- Demonstrated knowledge in procurement problem solving, negotiating,
- Ability to track and manage priorities based upon daily business needs,
- Ability to use and knowledge of Software: MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word), local Business system, MRP/ERP-based programs,
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication,
- Very good organizational skills as related to large and complex data sets,
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills within a team setting.
- Stable employment within a growing and dynamic team
- Advancement opportunities in international team
- Competitive base pay
- A total rewards package, that includes: private health insurance, life & accidental insurance, foreign languages courses, Multisport package
- Company performance bonus program
- Work-life balance, semi-flexible working time
- Employee – friendly renumeration structrure based on creative works (available for selected positions)
- PPK: Woodward offers payment to your PPK account up to 4% of your compensation depending on seniority
- Relocation support