Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Nokia CNS / Core Engineering / Media Management R&D team is seeking for product Security System Engineer - in order to address growing business needs of Nokia Session Border Controller (SBC) product. This has to be supported by rapid product evolution of its cloud native product architecture.
Therefore, we need a security specialist to join our R&D organization as Security Systems Engineer. The candidate in this role will be required to work with R&D members (CTO, other systems engineers/architects, product owners, software engineers) as well as product line managers and customer support teams to define, design and deliver security compliance for SBC product.
Key Responsibilities / Functions:
- Continuous evaluation and definition of product capabilities to ensure the product reaches and retains compliance to evolving industry and Nokia security requirements and standards.
- Cooperation with Product Managers, Product Architects, System Engineers, CTO and Development Teams on defining of product security roadmap, feature definitions and backlog prioritization
- Identification of product security gaps and deficiencies, translating them into enhancements/ backlog items
- Supporting design, implementation, test, sales and maintenance of product with the relevant teams
- Documenting and presenting product capabilities internally and externally (documentation/ publications, security artefacts and presentations)
- Involvement in relevant certification / standardization activities
- Cross-sharing technology & product knowledge among various project team members
- Representing R&D internally and externally
Required Minimum Qualifications (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Candidate´s with degree in computer science or electrical engineering will be more relevant. Master’s degree is a plus.
- At least 6-8 years of professional experience including hands-on software design, development or testing in an R&D organization.
- Good understanding of software security architecture in cloud, virtualization, cloud native principles, linux, microservices, containers
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current and emerging cyber security threats, vulnerabilities, trends and mitigations ranging across the technologies required to provide layered defense
- Expertise in various cloud security controls and architecture design aspects around identity and access management, RBAC, SSO, access governance etc
- Experience in defining or implementing security solutions for telecom systems
- Broad understanding of information security architecture principles
- Relevant industry certificates like CISSP, CEH, CISM, CRISC
- Data analytics skills
- Proven technical leadership skills. Project or team and / or quality management experience would be a plus.
- English as working language
Desired Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- Knowledge of VMware, Openstack, AWS, Openshift, Azure clouds/ CaaS.
- Knowledge of IMS functions and protocols, specifically Session Border Controller components and functions, VOIP and VoLTE architecture would be an advantage